Louise's Spicy Thai Carrot Soup
This soup will keep you going all day as well as keeping to your healthy January resolutions.
Ingredients (for 4-5 portions)
Thai green curry paste – you can get this from any supermarket. I’m lucky enough to have a Thai supermarket local to me but you can it in big supermarkets like Tescos or Sainsburys
1 can of light coconut milk
1kg Bag of carrots
1 Vegetable stock cube
1) Fry approx one tablespoon of Thai green curry paste in ½ tablespoon of olive oil
2) Chop up a big bag of carrots and one onion and add to paste – stir
3) Put on pan lid and leave to steam for 15 minutes
4) Add coconut milk, stock cube and one and a half pints of water (add more or less water depending how thick you like your soup)
5) Add a squeeze of fresh line – quick tip – roll the lime on a hard surface and push down before cutting in half, more juice will come out when you squeeze!
6) Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer
7) Simmer until carrots are soft
9) Add chopped coriander to taste