We are all guilty of it – rolling out of bed, quick shower, mindless cup of coffee and rushing out of the door. Headphones on, phone in hand and arriving at work feeling like we could still be in bed.
Desperate to have that smug look on my face of a morning well spent, I’ve put together some tips of how best to use your morning hour (s)!
1) Wake up early. Set your alarm, and don’t press the snooze button! Give yourself time to be up, ready, relaxed and raring to go without feeling rushed because you’re running late.
2) Avoid emails upon waking! Many of us sleep with our phones by our bed and check work emails the second we wake up. By doing this you allow someone else to structure your day without even realizing. Try waking up and meditating for 10 minutes. We love the Headspace ap which you can download for your phone.
3) Wake up to hot water and lemon. This will cleanse your system, boost your immune system, and energise you for the day. For 10 benefits check out this blog post by Tasty Yummies.
4) Speak to someone you care about. Be this sitting around the breakfast table with your children, meeting a friend for a tea, or calling your parents on the way to the train station. Using that time to show someone you care will make you (and them!) feel better all day.
5) Focus on your food. Eat something healthy and nutritious such as oats or eggs, and savour every bite. Filling up at home will stop the inevitable pastry on the way to work, or that 11am snack, and will also help you concentrate by keeping your mind off your growling stomach!
6) Exercise! I promise this will send you to the office feeling smug but it takes some effort, especially on a cold January morning! Find something you love to do, and do it 2-3 times a week. Be it a morning yoga class or running around the park, after this tackling your mammoth to do list will seem a breeze.
7) Do something you never have time for. Read a chapter of a book, organize your knicker drawer, clean inside your fridge. By ticking something off your mental to do list you will spend the rest of the day knowing you’ve already done something for yourself, and wherever the day takes you you won't end up feeling like you’ve had no me time!
We would love to hear any more morning tips you have! Tweet us @wolfandwhistle or comment below!